is the science whose object is all things according to their ultimate causes,
as ordered by natural reason.
Historically, philosophy grew by friendly dialogue, and was financially free
(the philosophers, "lovers of wisdom," opposed the sophists, who charged money for "wisdom").
Our title Philosophy Alive explains that the vibrant future of philosophy
will consist in making philosophical analysis and synthesis relevant:
1. Relevant philosophy must reflect themes of popular culture.
2. Relevant philosophy must speak to public life.
3. Relevant philosophy must dialogue with science.
4. Revelant philosophy must dialogue with modern philosophers.
5. Relevant philosophy must encourage a Socratic life.